1st Step: Visualizing a Sound Wave
Follow this Web Link Longitudinal Waves and answer the following questions.
1. What happens to the air pressure as you change the amplitude of the compressions and rarefactions?
2. How would the air pressure change with time at a position in front of the wave source?
3. What happens as you change the frequency with which the wave pulses are made?
4. Does changing the frequency change the amount of the air pressure or just how often the air pressure pulses pass by in a given time?
5. What pieces of various instruments would provide this action to compress and rarify the air? How about for a flute?