Unit 3 Assignment: Understanding Wolf Research
Understanding Wolf Research
Using the resources provided in this unit, follow the directions and answer the questions below.
1. Prepare a Word Document file and label it as follows using your own first and last names: joe_smith_3
2. Copy and paste the questions below into your document.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Upload your Word Document.
1. What can we learn by studying wolf ethology?
2. If you conducted a wolf research project on what wolves eat in the wolves in the Northwest Territories, can you assume that the data gathered applies to all wolves around the world? Why or why not?
3. If you were charged with developing a wolf management plan for your state,what considerations would you need to make for dealing with livestock loss.
4. If you were to study the relationship between the wolf and its prey in Minnesota, list the subjects you are currently studying in school that would help you be more successful.
Hint: Would your French language class help? No, Minnesota is an English-speaking state. However, you may if the question stated that you were studying wolves in France.
5. Why do you think it is important to recognize a trophic cascade in an ecosystem?6.Do you think reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone National Park was a good idea? Why?