Unit 4 Assignment: Relevance of the Scientific Method
Using the resources provided in this unit, follow the directions and answer the questions below.
1. Prepare a Word Document file and label it as follows using your own first and last names: joe_smith_4
2. Copy and paste the questions below into your document.
3. Answer the questions.
4. Upload your Word Document.
Why is it beneficial to use a structured method to conduct research?
2. Scientific research provides us with facts. Three definitions of “facts” include:
- something that actually exists; reality; truth.
- something known to exist or to have happened.
- a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true.
Is it possible to have a fact change? If so,provide an example (does not have to be wolf-related).
3. Is the process of scientific investigation the same as that used by someone who may be investigating the meaning of life? Explain.
4. You are charged with studying an animal that you are afraid of. Would the fact that you fear this creature affect your method of research? If so, how?
5. How has the advancement of technology affected wolf research?