Taken as a whole, the following phrases describe a specific component of organisms.
- Enables organisms to grow
- Provides organisms with the capacity to heal
- Aids the development of organisms
- Varies in size, shape, and complexity
- Is the single common physical characteristic of all living organisms
Can you determine what that component is?
Each of these phrases can be used to describe one aspect of a cell. In this unit, you will investigate how:
- cells are classified
- the structures of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells enable them to function
- cells reproduce asexually
- cancerous cells may develop